Date Syrup Recipes
Blind Date Syrup Recipes:
Clean eating to warm your healthy heart.
BAKED COOKIE PIE
- ½ cup oats
- ½ banana
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Blind Date Syrup
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- ¼ cup of Almond Milk
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Chocolate chips
- Mix all of the ingredients (except the Choc Chips) into a blender until the oats are totally blended
- Stir in some Chocolate Chips
- Pour the batter in a greased baking dish
- Top with some extra chocolate chips
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes
- Drizzle a little peanut butter on top
CHOCO-NANA FROZEN FONDUE
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or any of your favourite butters
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw cacao or cocoa powder (if using cocoa powder add a bit more)
- Optional: 1 tsp Blind date syrup
- Cut up the banana into slices and spread the nut butter on each slice.
- Stick 2 slices together and place in the freezer for an hour or so
- In the meantime melt coconut oil, cacao and syrup on a very low heat
- Take the banana bites out of the freezer and dip each bite in the melted mixture
- Pop back in the freezer to set
AFTERNOON PICK ME UP
- 2 bananas
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 6 ounces Coffee - cold
- ¼ - ½ cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons Blind Date Syrup
- 5-6 ice cubes
- ½ tsp chia seeds (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Add more milk or ice to preference.
OATMEAL COOKIES (vegan)
Makes 30 cookies
- 175 g vegan margarine (room temperature)
- 200 g Blind Date Syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (soaked for 20 min in water)
- 375 rolled oats
- 140 plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 100 g good vegan chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Cream the butter and syrup together in a large mixing bowl. Add chia seeds and mix until the mixture is smooth. In a separate bowl, mix the oats, flour, and baking soda.
- Gradually stir the oat mixture into the creamed mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Place tablespoon of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure they are well spaced. Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool before serving.
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BALLS
- ¾ Cup Almond Flour
- 3 Tblsp Blind Date Syrup
- ⅓ Cup Almond Butter
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, maple syrup, and almond butter.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Roll into 10 small bites and place on parchment paper.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes,
- Melt Chocolate Chips (use a dash of coconut oil to help with the melting if needed)
- One by one, roll your cookie dough balls in the melted chocolate. Uncovered (sans chocolate) is also great.
- Freeze again for 20-30 and enjoy! Keep balls in the freezer until you are ready to eat them so they don’t melt.